Giorgio Bonsanti, Art Historian; graduation in Florence in 1970. Former assistant at the Casa Buonarroti in Florence (1968-1974), later Director of the Galleria Estense and Superintendent in Modena (1974 to 1979), and, in Florence, Director of the Medici Chapel (1979-1982), San Marco Museum, Galleria dell’Accademia and Ufficio Restauri (1979 to 1988). From 1988 to 2000, Superintendent at the Opificio delle Pietre Dure, the national Conservation Institute based in Florence, and as such involved in many major conservation projects in Italy and abroad. Former member of the Scientific Council for the Conservation of Wall Paintings at the Courtauld Institute in London and of the Commission for the Preservation of the Artistic Heritage of the Italian Republic Presidency. Since 2004, a member of the Commission for Preventive Conservation of the Louvre. In March 2000, appointed first Italian Full Professor of Conservation History and Techniques (University of Turin; since 2004, University of Florence). Retired in 2010. Former member of the Board of Trustees of the Teatro Comunale and Maggio Musicale Fiorentino and twice City Councillor in Florence. Former President of Firenze Mostre SpA. and President of the Festival dei Popoli (international Festival of documentary films) in Florence. Former Responsible Director of the review O.P.D. Restauro and currently Scientific Expert for the Italian conservation review Kermes. Since 1994 in charge of the monthly section “Aperto per Restauri” in the Giornale dell’Arte. Author of many scientific publications on Giotto, Beato Angelico, Donatello, Michelangelo, Michael Pacher and Antonio Begarelli, beside many more on restoration. Has presented papers at many Symposia and Conferences internationally. From 2016 to 2021, appointed President of the National Commission for the Teaching of Restoration, charged with validating Universities and Art Academies. Since 2017, appointed Segretario Generale of the Accademia delle Arti del Disegno, oldest art Academy in the world (founded by Vasari in 1563).